1. No school Friday and Monday. Enjoy your time off. Classes resume on Tuesday.
2. Today-Cheerleaders will need to be at the Old Gym by 4:15 p.m. to catch the bus for the game at Cabool. Bus leaves at 4:30 p.m.
3. No chess today due to parent teacher conferences. Next Thursday, the 24th, is the tournament in West Plains. Please contact Serghei for details.
4. Boys Basketball practice will start Monday at 3:00 p.m. in the New gym.
5. 7th and 8th Grade Girls Basketball:
Red Ribbon Week is the oldest and largest drug prevention campaign in the country. More importantly, Red Ribbon Week is nationally recognized and celebrated, helping to preserve the memory of Drug Enforcement Agent Enrique "Kiki" Camarena, who died at the hands of drug traffickers in Mexico while fighting the battle against illegal drugs. Special Agent Camarena dedicated his life to keeping our country and children safe. Red Ribbon Week serves as a way for students to take a stand against drugs and to make good life choices. You are being given a red bracelet instead of a ribbon. Please wear it this week, or any day after. Every time you see it, remember the meaning behind Red Ribbon Week. Remember the man whose life was ended because of VERY bad choices of VERY bad people. Remember that life is all about choices….Aim to make the right ones and always do your best to learn from the wrong ones. To kick off RRW, on Tuesday we will have a speaker from Community Project of the Ozarks. Teachers will direct you as to when and where your class will hear the speaker.
7. Red Ribbon Week spirit days:
Tuesday-Red Wristbands & Mustaches each given out at school. "I mustache you not to do drugs"
Wednesday-Come to school in a CRAZY HAT OR WITH CRAZY HAIR. "Use your head-don't use drugs"
Thursday- Come to school in your PAJAMAS. "Don't be caught sleeping, say no to drugs"
Friday- Come to school in your HALLOWEEN COSTUME. Drugs are scary, don't do them. NO FACE MASKS
8. Art Club will meet again Thursday, November 7th and Thursday, November 14th, 3:00-5:00.
9. All cheerleading try-out packets MUST be returned no later than 3:15 on October 22nd including Teacher Evaluation Forms that the teachers will give to me themselves. Cheer Try-Out Clinic and Mock Try-Outs Tuesday, October 22nd , Wednesday 23rd , Thursday, October 24 th from 3:15-5:00 p.m. Cheer Try-Outs Friday October 25th , 3:15-until completed. Clinic and Try-Outs will take place in Grimes Auditorium. You MUST attend all clinic days in order to try-out!
10. Registration is going on now for YMCA Basketball for 5th & 6th graders. Forms are available at the M.S. Student Info Center and also the YMCA. The deadline to sign up is October 30.
WEATHER: Tuesday, Oct. 22nd: Sunny with a high of 64 degrees and a low of 46 degrees.
Volleyball here vs. Liberty 6:00
Football at Thayer 7:00
Volleyball at Liberty
Cross-Country at Point Lookout
JV Football at Thayer 6:00
Volleyball at Strafford 6:00
Hallway Music: Today - Throwback: 2006
GAP meetings will take place during lunchtime and Bear Time today. Pick up a sack lunch in the Bear's Den either when you hear the all-call or when the bell rings for lunch and then go to your GAP Advisor's location. You can find where your GAP group is meeting by looking at the posters on the window in the entrance to the library. Students you will remain in GAP until dismissal time at 12:40.
Student-Led Parent Teacher Conferences will be held today in Grimes Auditorium from 2-7.
There will be NO credit recovery or homework lab today.
No chess today. Next Thursday, the 24th, is the tournament in West Plains. Please contact Serghei for details.
There will be no school tomorrow and Monday. Enjoy your Fall Break.
FFA Officer meeting Tuesday in conference room during first lunch.
Pura Vida bracelets are here!! Support FBLA and show your school spirit by purchasing Maroon and White Pura Vida bracelets for the special low price of $5 each!! We will be selling bracelets before school and at lunch.