1. Today- Fire Drill at 9:20 a.m.
2. Today-Cheer practice from 3:15-5:00 p.m. in Grimes.
3. Today-8th Graders: Weird Science Wednesday from 3-5:00 pm.
4. Today- 5th grade students: Mrs. Hopper will keep the computer lab open on Wednesday's during normal after school tutoring times, 3:00-4:15.
5. Today: Any 5th and 6th grade girls interested in playing Club Bear Volleyball there will be a meeting with Coach Johnson in the Old Gym during recess.
5th grade recess all girls interested in playing club bear volleyball need to go to the old gym.
6th grade recess all girls interested in playing club bear volleyball need to go to the old gym.
6. Attention all artist: Google is looking for artwork. See Mrs. Pitts for "Doodle for Google" packet. Artwork must be postmarked by March 13, 2020.
7. Art Club will meet this Thursday Jan 16th from 3-5 p.m.
8. Willow Open chess tournament is this Saturday, Jan 18, in the Bears Den. We'll start at 9am, done by 3:30. Cost is $7. All chess team members need to show up and play. Concessions will be available. See Serghei for more info.
9. Knights of Columbus Free Throw Contest will take place on Jan 18th in the Elementary Cafeteria at 10:00 a.m. This contest is for boys and girls ages 9-14. See Mr. James for more information.
10. Starting next Wednesday, there will be a random acts of kindness club after school. The main goal of this club is to spread kindness throughout the school and community. There will be two branches: a club for 5th and 6th graders and a club for 7th and 8th graders.The 5th and 6th graders will meet on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month and the 7th and 8th graders will meet on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month. The club will meet from 3:15 to 4:15. If you are interested, and in 5th or 6th grade, please get a permission slip from Miss Stacey in the office and have it signed by your parents and returned to the office by next Tuesday afternoon.
WEATHER: Thursday January 16th: Showers in the evening with a high of 44 degrees and a low of 30 degrees.
Girls Basketball here vs. Mtn. Grove 6:00 (Blackout)
Hallway Music: Today: Inspirational
Thursday: Throwback: 2010
Friday: Student Requests
FCCLA Safety Fact of the Day: When used properly, seat belts reduce the risk of fatal injury to front seat passengers by 45 percent and the risk of moderate to critical injury by 50 percent.
Today is GAP. Go to the cafeteria when you hear the all-call or the bell rings and pick up your lunch. Your GAP location may be different this time, so please look at the chart on Mr. Spence's window to find out where your GAP group is meeting. Mr. Walden's and Mr. Talburt's GAP groups will take a bus to and from the AG building for GAP.
There will be an Interact meeting in Mrs.Pettits’ room tomorrow during both lunches.
Pokemon and Magic club will meet tomorrow from 3-4 in Ms. Berry's room!
There will be a Stu-Co Meeting on Friday during Bear Times to discuss Hoop Queen in Mr. Knapp’s room. All members should attend.
Willow Open chess tournament is this Saturday, in the Bears Den. We'll start at 9am, done by 3:30. Cost is $7. All chess team members need to show up and play. Concessions will be available. See Serghei for more info.