1. Today, Mr. Crewse will be having a baseball meeting during advisory for seventh and eighth grade boys. Meet in Mr. Crewse's room.
2. Today, Ms. Colley will be in Grimes during lunch to meet with seventh and eighth grade students that are interested in participating in track this season.
3. Today, There will be a 5th and 6th grade random acts of kindness meeting after school in Mrs. Yost room from 3:15 to 4:15.
4. Tomorrow is Spring Picture Day. Only students with order forms, a confirmation code or permission from their parents/guardians will have their pictures taken!
5. Students and Staff: A reminder to all that we are holding Wear Red Day in the district this Friday, February 28. Please join in, as we raise awareness to heart disease in women at the end of National Heart Month.
6. There will be a cheer clinic for any 8th grader that is trying out for High School Cheer from 3:15-5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 3rd, Thursday, March 5th, Tuesday, March 10th, and Thursday, March 12th in Ms. Tyler's classroom. This clinic will be to work on jumps and motions in order to be better prepared for high school cheer tryouts which are scheduled for March 26th. Please let Ms. Tyler know if you have any questions. This is not mandatory but is being provided to help prepare you for High School Try-outs.
7. 8th Grade Students interested in participating in Color Guard for NEXT YEAR.
TODAY & Tomorrow - Color Guard Tryout Clinic.
8. If you did not receive a Yearbook Order Form, please stop at the Student Info Center and pick up an order form up.
If paying by check, please return completed form and check to Ms. Stacey in the office.
9. Notes from our librarian, Mrs. Holt:
The library will not be open for games in the morning until next week.
The deadline for reading 10 books to go on the field trip is next Tuesday.
10. 8th grade students: If you are interested in trying out for HS cheer please pick up a Cheer Packet in the MS Office. Tryout Camp starts March 24th.
SPORTS: Registration is going on now for the YMCA Summer Baseball & Softball programs. Registration forms are available at the Student Info Center or you can pick one up at the YMCA. The deadline to sign up is March 4 by 5:00 p.m. Forms coming in after the deadline Will be put on a Waiting List!
WEATHER: Thursday February 27th: Sunny with a few clouds. High of 47 and a low of 30 degrees.
Boys Basketball at Mtn. Grove
Hallway Music: Today: Songs About Tractors and Trucks
Thursday: Throwback: 90s Country
Friday: Ag Week Country!
FFA Week is this week:
Bear Time email for 4th quarter is out! Sign up quickly to reserve your spot in the class you want. Deadline is Friday.
Any student interested in trying out for cheerleading for next school year needs to pick up a tryout packet from the box by Mrs. Jenny's window.
A+ & Internship students, make sure you're turning in your timesheets. You need to be up to date by Friday. You will be added to bear recovery next week if you are not. Internship student your 3rd quarter assignment is also due Friday.
Color Guard tryout clinic will be after school today and tomorrow until 5:00. You must attend all 3 days to tryout.
There will be a boys tennis meeting today during 2nd lunch in Coach Cox room.
NHS meeting for all members will be today during second Bear Time in Mrs. Wiles' room.
Spring Picture Day is tomorrow. If you are interested, stop by and pick up an order form by Mrs. Jenny's window.
SENIORS - A representative from MO Western State University will be here tomorrow morning from 9-10 a.m. in the library. If you are interested, please plan to attend! There will be an all-call to come to the library.
Football meeting tomorrow in the old gym during both lunches. Lunch will be provided.
FBLA meeting tomorrow in Mrs. Lee’s room during both lunches.
There will be a baseball meeting in Dr. Cox’s room on Friday during 1st lunch.
Friday is Wear Red Day for National Heart Month. Please join in as we raise awareness of heart disease in women.
If you are inviting an out of school guest to Prom, the form to get them approved and a copy of the guest's photo ID is due back to Mrs. Jenny by March 2. You can get the blank forms from Mrs. Jenny.
Prom tickets will be on sale in the commons before school, during 1st lunch in the lunchroom and until 3:20 after school in the commons thru March 6. Don't wait until the last minute to get your tickets. The sooner you buy your tickets, the better bus and table choices you'll have. Prom tickets are $75 each. Prom tickets will NOT be on sale at lunch on March 2. Tickets will be for sale that day before and after school.
When you buy your prom tickets, you need to return the signed waiver for yourself and your guest. The blank waivers were in the envelope with your invitation.
The library and Bearbucks Coffee Shop will be closed before school thru March 6 while prom tickets are being sold. Sorry for the inconvenience.
On the school website you can request a song to be played at prom. All songs need to be school appropriate and easy to dance to.