1. 7th/8th grade boys restroom closed ALL week during class time, March 1-5. When you are in the restroom, you need to use it for it's intended purpose. If you can not, we can extend the closure. IF it is an emergency (during class time) you will have to gain permission via Mrs. Cottengim's office or through Mrs. Stacey. Otherwise, your restroom is only available during passing time.
2. There is an opportunity to be in the 7th/8th Choir as an after school activity. If you are interested in being a part of it, please come see Mr. Hajeh or speak with a 7th or 8th Grader who is in choir. You will be getting a permission slip that you and your parents need to sign and then you can join the fun!
3. There will be no middle school weight training this week for boys or girls. Weight training will resume next week.
4. Voting/Pizza party invitations have been sent out. It is set for Friday during your lunch, advisory and recess. It is your responsibility to remember to attend.
5. The YMCA is registering now for summer baseball and softball for ages 9-12. Registration forms are available at the MS Student Info Center. The deadline to sign up is March 10th. Forms coming in after the deadline Will Be Put On A Waiting List, so sign up now!!
6. Sign up for Traveling Soccer! Forms are available in the Student Info Center. Ages 3-13 are allowed to register.
Varsity Boys Basketball at Ava 6:00
Today is GAP day for next year's scheduling.
We will begin with a normal lunch rotation. Kids will stay in their classrooms and come and get their lunches as usual.
At approximately 11:00, we'll do an all-call for students to report to their GAP location. Those locations will be posted on my office window.
Prom Invitations have been hung on the juniors' and seniors' lockers. There were also notes put on some of the lockers with important information that may affect whether you can go to prom. Please read those carefully. If you didn't get a note, don't worry about it.
Prom tickets go on sale in the commons on Monday, March 22 (that's the Monday after Spring Break). Tickets are $60 each. For the week of March 22-26, they will be on sale ONLY in the mornings from 7:30-8:00. For the week of March 29-April 1, they will be on sale in the mornings and at lunch from 10:45-11:15. The quicker you buy your ticket, the better your bus and table choices will be. DON'T WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO BUY YOUR TICKET!!!
If you plan to invite a guest to prom who doesn't attend our school, you need to get a
Prom Guest Request Form from Mrs. Jenny and get it filled out. It's due by Monday, March 29th.
The high school library has subscribed to an ebook collection that will allow students to check out books through an app and read them on their phones or other devices. If you would like more information about this service called Overdrive, please email Mrs. Cochran and she will share the instructions for checking out ebooks with you.
FFA Pet food drive is still taking place until Friday. Drop your canned or bagged pet food off at Mrs. Jenny's window and you will be entered into a prized drawing.