Today: Cheeseburger Nachos, Tostitos, Green Beans, Cocoa Puff Bar & Milk
Breakfast Thursday: Mini Bagels, Cereal, Applesauce Cup & Milk
Thursday Lunch: Corn Dog, Baked Beans, Doritos, Grapes & Milk
1. Today is the last day to claim anything from the Lost and Found. Everything leftover will be taken to MUNCH!
2. Art Club will meet again Thursday, November 7th and Thursday, November 14th, 3:00-5:00.
3. 7th and 8th Grade Girls Basketball:
Any 7th grade girl interested in playing basketball this year, sign-up with Coach Hopper before you leave school on Thursday.
Any 8th grade girl interested in playing basketball this year, sign-up with Coach Fisher before you leave school on Thursday.
If you did not play a fall sport or have not already turned in a physical, you will need to have a physical before the first practice. The first practice will be at 3:00 on Monday afternoon in the Bears Den.
4. All cheerleading try-out packets MUST be returned no later than 3:15 on October 22nd including Teacher Evaluation Forms that the teachers will give to me themselves. Cheer Try-Out Clinic and Mock Try-Outs Tuesday, October 22nd , Wednesday 23rd , Thursday, October 24 th from 3:15-5:00 p.m. Cheer Try-Outs Friday October 25th , 3:15-until completed. Clinic and Try-Outs will take place in Grimes Auditorium. You MUST attend all clinic days in order to try-out!
5. Registration is going on now for YMCA Basketball for 5th & 6th graders. Forms are available at the M.S. Student Info Center and also the YMCA. The deadline to sign up is October 30.
WEATHER: Thursday, Oct. 17th: Sunny with a high of 67 degrees and a low of 43 degrees.
Softball at Ava 6:00
Volleyball here vs. Liberty 6:00
Hallway Music: Today - Inspirational
Thursday - Throwback: 2006
Your 2019-2020 Student Council Officers
President Drake Marshell, VP Katie Goforth, Secretary Lily Bolander, Treasurer Simon Kharitonov, and Representatives McKylie Cox, Rylee Scarbrough, and Caleb Ward
President Caitlyn McNew, VP Minnie Russell, Secretary Keena Lowe, Treasurer Tiffany Weber, Representatives Haily Sigman, Ceraphina George, Liz Sheehan, Scottie Osborn, and Connar Lowe
President Ben Clarkston, VP Alyssa Von Allman, Secretary Taytum Dewitt, Treasurer Justin Chaney, Representatives Annabelle Bise, Ashley Kelley, and Autumn Hogan
President Jackson Bailey, VP Olga Dudko, Secretary Kassidy Brotherton, Treasurer Brady Walton, Representatives Shauni Olmstead, Carson Lowe, Zoe Kimbrough, Courtney Melvin, Trinity Crosby, and Dclan Kargel
All basketball players, there will be a meeting today, during both lunches. Girls will meet in Coach Tilley's room, boys in Dr. Cox's room. If you are planning on playing basketball you MUST be at the meeting.
The next GAP meeting will take place during lunchtime and Bear Time tomorrow. Pick up a sack lunch in the Bear's Den either when you hear the all-call or when the bell rings for lunch and then go to your GAP Advisor's location. You can find where your GAP group is meeting by looking at the posters on the window in the entrance to the library. Students you will remain in GAP until dismissal time at 12:40.
There will be NO credit recovery or homework lab tomorrow due to Parent Teacher Conferences.
Juniors- You need to turn your research paper library books in ASAP. When you bring them back be prepared to pay your fine if they are overdue.
FBLA Members--anyone who wants to compete in the Virtual Business Challenge needs to see Mrs. Pettit to register. You may compete by yourself or as a team of three, but you can only be on one team.
Zoe Kimbrough’s Senior Project, The Bears for a Better Christmas: Spike Wars Volleyball Tournament will be held November 5th in Mumford Gymnasium at 6:30 p.m.
Each grade will have a team of 4girls, 4 boys, and one student coach.
The sign up sheet will in Ms. James’ room (at the end of the freshman hallway) on Wednesday and Thursday.
Admission to play is $10 and that will include a team shirt.
The sign is first come, first serve, but you must have your money.
Once teams are finalized there will be a meeting to discuss the night of the tournament.