Michelle Ferguson, RN Ashley Forrest, RN Stephanie Gentry, RN
In preparation for coming to school each day, we ask that you check your child(ren) for any symptoms/illness PRIOR to sending them on the school bus or dropping them off at school.
You, taking the time to do this small step, will play a BIG part in helping to stop the spread of illness.
Below, are simple screening questions you can use to determine if your child(ren) should stay home. Posting this on the refrigerator or by the door might help you to remember to check them before leaving the home.
- Does my child have a COUGH?
- Does my child have a FEVER? (100.0 or higher -without the use of fever reducing medicine)
- Does my child have CHILLS?
- Does my child have HEADACHE?
- Does my child have MUSCLE ACHES OR PAIN?
- Does my child have a SORE THROAT?
- Does my child have CONGESTION or RUNNY NOSE?
- Does my child have NEW LOSS OF TASTE OR SMELL?
- Does my child have NAUSEA/VOMITING or DIARRHEA?
- Does my child have **SHORTNESS OF BREATH OR DIFFICULTY BREATHING?
- Has my child been in close contact (within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes) with a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Bluish lips or face
If you answer “YES” to any of these questions, PLEASE keep your child(ren) home from school and contact your child’s doctor for further direction.