Today: Chicken Sandwich, Veggie Beans, Celery/Peanut Butter, Strawberries, & Milk
Breakfast Friday: Toast, Cereal, & Milk
Friday Lunch: Turkey & Cheese Wrap, Sweet Potato Fries, Orange, Ice Cream & Milk
1. Students who go deer hunting during the upcoming youth and regular rifle deer season--please bring in a picture of you and your deer (with parent signature on the back) for display on the bulletin board outside the office. If you have perfect attendance from November 2nd - November 24th, your name will be entered into a drawing for a $50.00 gift card. Good Luck Hunters!!!
2. Daylight Savings Times ends Sunday. Remember to set your clocks back one hour!
3. Student Council asks you to "Save the Date". On Friday, November 6th, we will be having a Carnival Social from 5:30-7:00 p.m. (Grades 5-6) and 7:30-9:00 p.m. (Grades 7-8) There will be music, snacks, drinks, and prizes!! Students sent to the office for misbehavior the week of the Social will not be able to attend the event and they must be present at school the day of Friday, November 6th, to attend.
We will be collecting cans and non-perishable food items again this year. Last fall, our generous Bears donated over 170 items of food to MUNCH. For every item of food you bring, you will be given a ticket; for example, 5 cans of food = 5 tickets. Throughout the evening, winning numbers will be announced and you could take home a prize!
4. MS Pep Assembly will be Friday, November 6th, at 2:30 in Grimes.
5. Picture retakes will be THIS MORNING. You MUST turn in your old picture packet to Lifetouch on retake day to get a new one or purchase a new package. If you did not have your picture taken in September or have moved to our school after picture day you will need to have your picture taken for the yearbook and may order pictures. Order forms and information may be picked up at the Student Info Center.
6. The Howell County Chess Championship is TODAY in West Plains. It is open to any student who would like to try and play in a chess competition. You do not have to be a member of our chess club to play. The entry fee is $5. Please let Serghei know whether you are going to attend. The bus will leave from the HS Library at 3:00 pm. We will come back to the new gym around 9 pm. Please arrange for a ride home. We need all the help we can get to win again, so if you know how to play and think you would like to try it out, contact Serghei asap.
7. Art Club will meet TODAY from 3:00-5:00. Don't forget to remind your parents.
8. The Willow Springs YMCA is registering now for boys and girls 5th & 6th grade basketball. Registration forms can be picked up at the Student Info. Center. The registration deadline is TODAY.
9. Mrs. Owens 6th grade after school reading is TODAY.
10. Cheer practice is TODAY from 3:15-5:15 p.m. Meet in Ms. Tyler's room. Pick up at the old gym.
11. Please remember to pick up the items you print to the printers. Items left on the printers will be put in the recycling bin.
LOST & FOUND: Remember to check the lost and found areas for missing items!
FOUND: Pair of glasses in drawstring bag. Come to the office to claim.
WEATHER: For Friday, October 30th: Some sunshine giving away to clouds. High of 60 and low of 47.