Breakfast Thursday: Poptart, Cereal, & Milk
Thursday Lunch: Chicken Sandwich, Veggie Beans, Celery/Peanut Butter, Strawberries, & Millk
1. Congratulations to the following Science Fair winners:
- 1st Place: Alissa Rushton & Stacie Johnson
- 2nd Place: Claire Clarkston & Isabella Davis
- 3rd Place: McKylie Cox & Nathan McDaniel
- 1st Place: Bethany Waggoner
- 1st Place: Alec Kharitonov
- 2nd Place: Olivia Wood & Aubrie McNew
- 1st Place: Kailey Anderson
- 2nd Place: McKenna Cox & Taylor Reese
- 3rd Place: Wyatt Ennis
- 1st Place: Derick Stolba & Zowie Hayes
- 2nd Place: Erica Miller
- 3rd Place: Shauni Olmsted
2. No 8th Grade CAT today. Students report to Coach Rhoades last block.
3. StuCo members: please report to Mrs. Nielsen's room this morning to retrieve your posters advertising our fall social. Check with your teachers for the best spot to hang your poster!
4. Students who go deer hunting during the upcoming youth and regular rifle deer season--please bring in a picture of you and your deer (with parent signature on the back) for display on the bulletin board outside the office. If you have perfect attendance fromNovember 2nd - November 24th, your name will be entered into a drawing for a $50.00 gift card. Good Luck Hunters!!!
5. Daylight Savings Times ends Sunday. Remember to set your clocks back on hour!
6. Student Council asks you to "Save the Date". On Friday, November 6th, we will be having a Carnival Social from 5:30-7:00 p.m. (Grades 5-6) and 7:30-9:00 p.m. (Grades 7-8) There will be music, snacks, drinks, and prizes!! Students sent to the office for misbehavior the week of the Social will not be able to attend the event and they must be present at school the day of Friday, November 6th, to attend.
We will be collecting cans and non-perishable food items again this year. Last fall, our generous Bears donated over 170 items of food to MUNCH. For every item of food you bring, you will be given a ticket; for example, 5 cans of food = 5 tickets. Throughout the evening, winning numbers will be announced and you could take home a prize!
7. MS Pep Assembly will be Friday, November 6th, at 2:30 in Grimes.8. Picture retakes will be Thursday, October 29th. You MUST turn in your old picture packet to Lifetouch on retake day to get a new one or purchase a new package. If you did not have your picture taken in September or have moved to our school after picture day you will need to have your picture taken for the yearbook and may order pictures. Order forms and information may be picked up at the Student Info Center.
9. The Howell County Chess Championship is this Thursday in West Plains. It is open to any student who would like to try and play in a chess competition. You do not have to be a member of our chess club to play. The entry fee is $5. Please let Serghei know whether you are going to attend. The bus will leave from the HS Library at 3:00 pm. We will come back to the new gym around 9 pm. Please arrange for a ride home. We need all the help we can get to win again, so if you know how to play and think you would like to try it out, contact Serghei asap.
10. Art Club will meet this Thursday, October 29th from 3:00-5:00. Don't forget to remind your parents.
11. The Willow Springs YMCA is registering now for boys and girls 5th & 6th grade basketball. Registration forms can be picked up at the Student Info. Center. The registration deadline is October 29.
12. Mrs. Owens 6th grade after school reading is Thursday, October 29th.
13. Cheer practice Thursday, October 29th, from 3:15-5:15 p.m. Meet in Ms. Tyler's room. Pick up at the old gym.
14. Please remember to pick up the items you print to the printers. Items left on the printers will be put in the recycling bin.
15. Mrs. Clary will be out of the office today.
LOST & FOUND: Remember to check the lost and found areas for missing items!
FOUND: Pair of glasses in drawstring bag. Come to the office to claim.
WEATHER: For Thursday, October 29th: Sunny with a high of 60 and low of 35.