Monday Breakfast: Breakfast Burrito, Cereal & Milk
Monday Lunch: Corn Dog, Broccoli, Fries, Applesauce, Yogurt & Milk
1. All 8th grade students and parents are urged to attend the Academic Fair on Monday Feb. 5th at 5:30 p.m. in Grimes. At the Fair, students will learn about classes and extracurricular opportunities in high school. They will also turn in their top choices for their proposed elective classes for 9th grade.
2. Mrs. Owens after school reading group have class on Monday, Feb. 5th instead of Tuesday. Reading will return to after school Tuesday's the following week.
3. February is National Heart Month. Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the United States. The good news is that it is also one of the most preventable. Tomorrow is National Wear Red Day, a campaign to raise awareness of heart disease in women. Wear red to show your support. Look and listen for heart health information throughout the month.
4. This week is "Spirit Week for Hoop Queen"! The theme this year is: Great American Road Trip
****Please note : As with all other Spirit Weeks before, no face painting allowed also no glitter. Hats will be permitted when they fit a particular day's theme. Students will be expected to be 100% cooperative with teacher direction in all cases when hats need be removed during class.
TODAY-Missouri, the "Heart" of America: Wear red to participate in the American Heart Association's Wear Red Day and to raise awareness and help fight heart disease and stroke.
5. Galena chess tournament will take place this Saturday, Feb. 3rd, in Galena, MO. Bus leaves at 6:30 am. from the new gym, back at 6:00 p.m. Entry fee is $7, bring snacks or snack money. See Serghei for details.
6. Student Council Meeting Monday, Feb. 5 at 3:15 p.m.
7. 8th Graders: The next Wacky Wednesday, Weird Science STEM challenge will be on Valentine's Day,February 14th, in Mrs. Binkley's room from 3:00 p.m. until 5:15 p.m. The extended time is so we will have time to perform trials of our "event" as well as have time for some snacks and Valentine goodies. Please see Mrs. Binkley or Mrs. Pollard for more info. Hope to see you there!
8. Art Club will meet Thursday, February 8th and Thursday, February 15th. Don't forget to remind your parents to pick you up at 5:00 p.m.