Today: Corn Dog, Broccoli, Carrots, Strawberries, Yogurt & Milk
Breakfast Tuesday: Biscuit, Jelly, Cereal & Milk
Tuesday Lunch: Chicken, Potatoes/Gravy, Orange, Hot Roll & Milk
1. All Grades- Bear Time Rosters for M-4 (W8 5th) will be posted outside of each classroom look for your name.
5th Grade-Rosters for W-6 classes are posted on the New Doors in the 5th grade hallway.
6th Grade-If you had Mrs. Holt during 1st qtr. you are in her class for 2nd qtr. also. The other M-3 classes stay the same.
2. Cheerleading practice has been cancelled for today. There will be practice after school, before the game on Tuesday.
3. Any 7th and 8th grade students interested in trying out for cheerleading for basketball season to fill vacant spots need to see me for an information packet. Tryouts will be held Thursday, October 27th after school in Grimes with a cheer clinic to be held Tuesday, October 25th, and Wednesday, October 26th.
4. During lunch periods, a hygiene product table will be set up near the stage. Products will be available at no charge. Feel free to pick up an item or two.
5. Today the library will be closing at 2:15 p.m.
6. NO CAT TODAY!
7.Student Council will have its first meeting TODAY 3:15-4:15. We will meet in Mrs. Earls’ room in 6th grade. We look forward to an exciting year with this year’s newest members!!
Mrs.Spencer and Mrs. Earls
8.It is the beginning of 2nd Quarter. Students with 0 ZAPS or 1 ZAP during 2nd Quarter will participate in a reward activity at the end of 2nd Quarter.
Students who have at least 95% attendance or better for 1st and 2nd Quarters combined at the end of 2nd Quarter will be entered into a drawing for a $35 gift card. Two names will be drawn.
First Quarter Rewards Activities for students with 95% attendance or better will be as follows in Grimes Auditorium:
Wednesday, October 12th
7th Grade 1:35 p.m.
8th Grade 2:20 p.m.
Thursday, October 13th
5th Grade 8:30 a.m.
6th Grade 9:50 a.m.
9. Our school has been chosen for a special gift. All Middle School students will be receiving a free pair of name brand shoes. This gift is made possible by the generosity of some local and regional organizations. Students will be measuring their feet to identify their shoe sizes during their math classes at some point during the next two weeks. Students will receive their shoes during the latter part of 2nd quarter, sometime before Christmas vacation.
10.Students: starting TODAY your planners will be a required supply for every core class. You will be responsible for bringing it along with every other supply expected by your teachers. Not bringing a planner will result in consequences for being unprepared.
11.The Willow Springs Tennis team is going to be hosting a Middle School tennis camp. This will be open to any Middle School students (boys and girls) who would like to learn about tennis. No previous experience with tennis is needed. The dates are Tues Oct 11th, Wed Oct 12th, Tues Oct 18th, Wed Oct 19th, Thurs Oct 20th, Tues Oct 25th, Wed Oct 26th and Thurs Oct 27th. Time will be from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and will be at the tennis courts at Booster Field. For any questions please talk to Coach David Cox
12.The library will be closed for checking in and out books from 8-9 AM on Monday-Thursday, Oct. 10-13 due to the book fair.
13.The Scholastic Book Fair will be open for student shopping in the Middle School Library TODAY-Wednesday, Oct. 12 from 8 AM-3 PM. The book fair will also be open for students to shop on Thursday, Oct. 13 from 8 AM-12:30 PM and again from 2-7 PM for parents to shop at parent/teacher conferences.
"Come Support the BEARS"
Tonight: 7th & 8th Grade choir will be singing the National Anthem at the HS Girls Volleyball Game
Tonight: 7th/8th Grade Volleyball- WS @ West Plains- Away Game- Bus leaves at 4:30- Game starts at 5:30
Tuesday: 7th/8th Grade Volleyball- WS @ Houston- Away Game- Dismiss Students at 2:30 p.m. - Bus leaves at 2:45 p.m. - Game starts at 4:00
Tuesday: 7th/8th Grade Football- WS vs Cabool- Home Game-Game starts at 5:30 p.m. The 8th Grade will be playing first.
Thursday: 5th/6th Grade Cross Country Meet @ Mtn.Grove- Dismiss students at 1:30 p.m.-Bus leaves at 1:45 p.m.- Meet starts at 3:00 p.m.
Found: Brown Leather Bracelet and a Necklace
See Stacey to claim
For Tuesday October 11th: Partly Sunny high of 77 and low of 51.