Friday Breakfast: Cinnamon Toast, Oatmeal & Milk
Friday Lunch: Chicken Sandwich, Baked Beans, Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips, Strawberry Cups & Milk
1. There will be no school on Monday, April 16.
2. Summer School Forms are available in the student info booth. There are separate forms for 5-7th and 8th grade. All forms need to be returned by Friday May 4th.
3. There will be no 7th grade tutoring today.
4. Today at 2:40 p.m., there will be a Middle School Volleyball and Basketball meeting with Coach Williams. It will take place during last block for 6th graders who are interested in playing volleyball/basketball and 7th grade returning and new players. Meet in the lower computer lab in 5th grade hall.
5. Today, Drama Club will meet , 3:00 p.m.-4:15 p.m.
6. Art Club will meet today.
7. 6th Grade 4th Qtr. Tomb Raiders - If weather permits, we will be traveling to the dig site. Please wear jeans/shorts, no skirts/dresses, closed toe shoes, and a light jacket. Stop by the restroom before coming to class; you will not be able to leave the dig site for the bathroom.
8. Do you sing? Dance? Juggle? Maybe you have some serious magic tricks, gymnastic, karate, or hula hoop skills. If so, now is the time to show us what you’ve got! If you are interested in this year’s Talent Show, to be held on the last day of school, Friday May 18th at 8:30 am, please add your name to the sign-up sheet outside Mrs. Hopper’s office, pick up an information packet from the Student Information Center and return it to Mrs. Hopper NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, APRIL 27TH ! No form = No participation!
Just a reminder, the Talent Show is not a competition but rather a display of talent. Auditions (practice) will be held May 7th and May 8th. I will let you know your audition time closer to that date. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Hopper before or after school, during your lunch or between classes with permission from you teacher.
9. All 6th and 7th graders interested in trying out for cheerleading for the 2018 football season can pick up a packet from Miss Stacey in the Middle School Office.
April 17th, 18th 19th, 20th
Cheer Try-Out Clinic Tuesday, 3:15-5:00; Wednesday, 3:15-5:00
Cheer Mock Try-Outs Thursday, 3:15-5:00.
Cheer Try-Outs Friday, 3:15-until completed.
Clinic and Try-Outs will take place in Grimes Auditorium. You MUST attend all clinic days in order to try-out!
All cheerleading try-out packets MUST be returned no later than 3:15 on April 13th.
If you have any questions, contact Ms. Tyler.
Congratulations to the 7th/8th Grade Girls/Boys on their recent track meet:
7th grade Girls - 3rd place over all, Marjorie Sheehan setting a new school record for the mile at 5:49. Riley S. finishing first in 100 m dash and triple jump, claire c. finishing first in the 200 m dash.
8th grade Girls - 1st place over all. Hailey S finishing first in 100 m dash and 200 m dash, Caitlyn M. finishing first in 400 m run, Ashlyn J. finishing first in triple jump, and Liz S. finishing first in shot put.
7th grade Boys - 1st place over all, Winning the 4 x 200 m relay, 4 x 100 m relay, Simon K, finishing first in high jump and long jump. Ortega, Finishing first in 200 m dash.
8th grade Boys - 3rd place over all, Brendan F. finishing first in 200 m dash and long jump.
Tuesday April 24th: 7th/8th Grade Boys and Girls @ Salem. Dismiss students at 1:30 p.m. , Bus leaves at 1:45 p.m.
WEATHER: Thursday, April 12th. Breezy with plenty of sun a high of 76 degrees and a low of 61 degrees.