Today: Pizza Dippers, Salad/Tomato, Apple, Muffin & Cereal
Breakfast Friday: Cinnamon Toast, Cereal & Milk
Friday Lunch: Grilled Cheese, Tomato Soup, Pear, Ice Cream & Milk
PICTURE RE-TAKES ARE TODAY
1. TODAY is Picture Re-take day. You MUST turn in your old picture packet to Lifetouch on retake day to get a new one or purchase a new package. If you did not have your picture taken in September or have moved to our school after picture day you will need to have your picture taken for the yearbook and may order pictures. Order forms and information may be picked up at the Student Info Center.
2. Today is Howell County chess tournament in West Plains. The bus will leave from HS library a little after 3 pm. Entry fee is $5. Concession stand will be available. All chess team members should be there. We should be back at new gym around 9 pm.
3. Cheerleading tryouts are from 3:15 p.m. until completed on Thursday in Grimes. You must have attended all cheer clinics in order to be able to tryout. Once you have finished your tryout you may leave. Make sure your parents are at the school by 4:00 to pick you up. Results will be posted Friday morning.
4. Art Club pumpkins are ready to be picked up. Pick up only between 8:00-8:15 or 2:45-3:00.
5. Water bottles are not permitted in our computer labs due to the potential damage to our computer equipment resulting from spills. Being responsible with the privilege of having a water bottle includes not taking it into the computer labs.
6. 6th grade - Mrs. Owens after school Reading Tutoring will be every Tuesday. Be sure to tell your parents to pick you up at 4:30. Please return your signed letter as soon as possible.
7. Drama club will meet next Thursday, November 3rd, after school. Be sure to tell your parents prior to Thursday and have them pick you up at 4:30.
8. Student Council asks you to save the date. On Friday, November 4th, we will be having a Social from 5:30-7:00 (Grades 5-6) and 7:30-9:00 (Grades 7-8). Students sent to the office for misbehavior the week of the Social will not be able to attend the event and they must be present at school the day of Friday, November 4th,to attend.
Yee-Haw! Calling all cowboys and cowgirls to our FALL ROUNDUP!
· Our middle school Fall Social is Friday, November 4!
· Admission is $2; bring extra money for concession stand.
· One raffle ticket for each canned item brought to the social. Each raffle ticket will be entered into a drawing for fabulous prizes!
· Canned items will be donated to MUNCH for the FOOD HARVEST.
· Come dressed in school appropriate Western wear. (Cowgirls, cowboys, etc.)
·5th and 6th graders – 5:30 – 7:00; 7th and 8th graders – 7:30 – 9:00.
Y’all come now, ya hear?
9. Students who go deer hunting during the upcoming youth and regular rifle deer season--please bring in a picture of you and your deer (with parent signature on the back) for display on the bulletin board outside the office. If you have perfect attendance from October 31st through November 22, your name will be entered into a drawing for a $50 gift card. Good luck hunters!
10. 7th-8th Grade Football Players: Reminder-Saturday, November 19th, we are going to MSU to watch the Bears play Youngstown State University. Tickets are $2. Money and permission slips are due to MS office by Tuesday, November 1st.
11. The Willow Springs Tennis team is going to be hosting a Middle School tennis camp. This will be open to any Middle School students (boys and girls) who would like to learn about tennis. No previous experience with tennis is needed. TODAY is the last day for the tennis camp. Time will be from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and will be at the tennis courts at Booster Field. For any questions please talk to Coach David Cox.
12. How would you like to win; $30,000 college scholarship, $50,000 technology for your middle school, a trip to Google Headquarters, a Chromebook and Android tablet? Enter the Doodle for Google Design Drawing Contest. See Mrs. Pitts for entry instructions and form. Open to all 6th - 8th grade students. November 22nd is the deadline to submit drawings with form to Mrs. Pitts.
"Come Support the BEARS"
YMCA Youth Basketball Forms are in the student information booth: If you are in 5th or 6th grade and would like to participate please complete a form. Registration deadline is October 27th.
For Friday Oct. 28: Partly sunny and with a high of 78 and low of 60.