Today: Ranch Chicken Wrap, Baked Beans, Diced Peaches, Cheez-It Crackers & Milk
Monday Breakfast: Breakfast Pizza, Cereal, Mixed Fruit & Milk
Monday Lunch: Hamburger, Baked Beans, Applesauce Cup & Milk
1. 7th-grade students are MAP testing this morning and afternoon in the Upper and Lower Computer Labs and in 7th-grade classrooms. Students in Grades 5, 6, and 8 must be as quiet as possible during class changes, trips to lunch and recess, etc.
2. Today- 8th-grade girls interested in playing basketball next year need to meet in Coach Tilley's room during lunch. If you can't attend please contact Coach Tilley as soon as possible.
3. Today- Art Club will meet.
4. Today-No chess.
5. Today-No 7th-grade tutoring.
6. Band Fundraiser Forms are due on Monday. Turn forms into Mr. Cochran.
7. There is an error in the Middle School Handbook in your planners. On page 8, under “Cell Phones,” the planner reads that “Students will not be allowed to use cell phones during the school day from 7:45 am –3:00 p.m.” This statement is not accurate because our actual rule has always been that cell phones are not allowed from the time students arrive at school until after they exit the building during dismissal. The language in the handbook will be changed in next school year’s planner. For the rest of this school year, this announcement serves as your notice that the actual rule we have always followed remains in effect. If a cell phone (or any other electronic device: iPods, MP3 players, SMART watches, etc.) is seen or heard any time between a student’s arrival at school and their exit from the building at dismissal, then the student will be assigned the consequences specified in our handbook for a cell phone/electronic device violation.
8. With MAP testing coming up, it is also important for all students to know that students may not have any cell phones or electronic devices (iPods, MP3 players, SMART watches, etc.) with them at their desks during MAP testing sessions. Because of this, teachers will collect phones and any of these other devices before each testing session begins and return them after each testing session ends. This will include all types of electronic wrist devices except for regular watches (i.e. digital watches and watches with hour and minute hands). Students will not receive any consequences when turning in cell phones and electronic devices for MAP testing sessions. The only reason for consequences would be if a phone or device not turned in is seen or heard during one of the testing sessions.
9. Parents Pottery Night glazing will take place Friday, May 3rd, 3:30-5:30, and Saturday, May 4th, 9:00 am-12:00 noon, in the art room.
Today, April 18th-Baseball- WS vs Houston, Home, Game starts at 4:30
Monday, April 22nd-Softball-WS vs Hartville, Home, Game starts at 4:30
Tuesday, April 23rd-Track- WS @ Mtn.View, Meet starts at 4:00 pm. Bus leaves at 2:45 pm.
Tuesday, April 23rd-Baseball-WS @ Bakersfield, Game starts at 4:30 pm. Bus leaves at 2:45 pm.
Wednesday, April 24th-Softball-WS @ Thayer, Game starts at 3:00 pm. Bus leaves at 1:45 pm. Dismiss students at 1:15 pm.
Thursday, April 25th-Softball-WS vs Houston, Home, Game starts at 4:30 pm.
WEATHER: Thursday, April 18th: Showers and thunderstorms in the morning then cloudy with rain likely in the afternoon. High of 60 degrees and a low of 43 degrees.