Today: Chicken, Potatoes/Gravy, Orange, Hot Roll & Milk
Breakfast Wednesday: Pancakes, Cereal & Milk
Wednesday Lunch: Cheeseburger Helper, Green Beans, Applesauce, Breadstick & Milk
1. 6th Grade- W-8 if you had PE 1st qtr, stay in PE 2nd qtr. IF you were in Art 1st qtr, go to library for 2nd qtr. If you were in Library/ Conway for 1st qtr, go to Art for 2nd qtr.
8th Grade- W-8 placement rosters will be posted on the bulletin board between Ms. Batson & Mrs. Binkley's rooms. If you do not see your name on a list, go to the same class you had 1st qtr.
2. Students who have 0 ZAPs or 1 ZAP during 2nd Quarter will attend a special reward activity at the end of the quarter. Students who have more than 1 ZAP (even if the additional ZAPs are later forgiven) will not be included in the activity
Students who have at least 95% attendance or better for 1st and 2nd Quarters combined at the end of 2nd Quarter will be entered into a drawing for a $35 gift card. Two names will be drawn.
First Quarter Rewards Activities for students with 95% attendance or better will be as follows in Grimes Auditorium:
Wednesday, October 12th
7th Grade 1:35 p.m.
8th Grade 2:20 p.m.
Thursday, October 13th
5th Grade 8:30 a.m.
6th Grade 9:50 a.m.
3. The drawing winners for our 1st Quarter $25 gift cards for 95% attendance are: Ezzy Corona and Taylor Reese.
These students can stop by the office at the end of the day to pick up their gift cards.
4. Cheerleading practice TODAY before the game.
5. Any 7th and 8th grade students interested in trying out for cheerleading for basketball season to fill vacant spots need to see me for an information packet. Tryouts will be held Thursday, October 27th after school in Grimes with a cheer clinic to be held Tuesday, October 25th, and Wednesday, October 26th.
6.The Willow Springs Tennis team is going to be hosting a Middle School tennis camp. This will be open to any Middle School students (boys and girls) who would like to learn about tennis. No previous experience with tennis is needed. The dates are TODAY Oct 11th, Wed Oct 12th, Tues Oct 18th, Wed Oct 19th, Thurs Oct 20th, Tues Oct 25th, Wed Oct 26th and Thurs Oct 27th. Time will be from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and will be at the tennis courts at Booster Field. For any questions please talk to Coach David Cox
7.The library will be closed for checking in and out books from 8-9 AM on Monday-Thursday, Oct. 10-13 due to the book fair.
8.The Scholastic Book Fair will be open for student shopping in the Middle School Library TODAY-Wednesday, Oct. 12 from 8 AM-3PM. The book fair will also be open for students to shop on Thursday, Oct. 13 from 8AM-12:30 PM and again from 2-7 PM for parents to shop at parent/teacher conferences.
"Come Support the BEARS"
Congratulations to the 7th/8th Grade Lady Bears Volleyball Teams- They both had wins over WP last night!
Tonight: 7th/8th Grade Volleyball- WS @ Houston- Away Game- Dismiss Students at 2:30 p.m. - Bus leaves at 2:45 p.m. - Game starts at 4:00
Tonight: 7th/8th Grade Football- WS vs Cabool- Home Game-Game starts at 5:30 p.m. The 8th Grade will be playing first.
Thursday: 5th/6th Grade Cross Country Meet @ Mtn.Grove- Be at New Gym by 1:45 p.m., Bus leaves at 2:00 p.m., Meet starts at 3:30 p.m.
YMCA Youth Basketball Forms are in the student information booth: If you are in 5th or 6th grade and would like to participate please complete a form. Registration deadline is October 27th.
Found: Brown Leather Bracelet and a Necklace
See Stacey to claim
WEATHER: For Wednesday Oct. 12th: Partly Sunny high of 77 and low of 48.