Breakfast Wednesday: Pancake on a stick, Cereal and Milk
Wednesday Lunch: Turkey Cheese Wrap, Chips, Lettuce, Tomato Cucumbers, Grapes & Milk
1. Due to the Middle School Science Fair, there will be no middle school tennis on Tues Oct 24th
2. No Tutoring Today for 5th, 6th Grade or 7th Grade due to the Science Fair.
3. TODAY is the Middle School Science Fair from 6:30-7:30 p.m. in Grimes Auditorium (7th and 8th grade) and the Bears' Den (5th and 6th grade).
4. The Middle School Science Fair will occur TODAY. Students who have all of their project materials here at school on Tuesday will be able to set up their projects before they leave school at 3:00 p.m. Students with additional project materials still at home will have to get these materials to school and get their projects set up between 3:00 and 3:30 p.m. At 3:30 , the judges will come in and score the projects. Parents and students may then come from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. to look at the projects and attend the presentation of ribbons and prizes at 7:15 p.m. Those students in the 5th and 6th grade will set up in the Bear's Den and students in the 7th and 8th grade will set up in Grimes Auditorium.
5. The HS Junior class will be selling Halloween/Fall Candy Grams Thursday and Friday during lunch time. Each candy gram is $1.00 and you can send to anyone in the Elementary, Middle or High School. Money is due at the time of order.
6. CHESS TOURNAMENT:
Howell County Chess Championship is this Thursday, October 26, after school.
The bus will leave from the HS library at 3pm (all-call @ 2:45). Tournament is at Faith Christian Academy in West Plains, it starts at 4:30 PM. Concessions will be available. We should be done by 9 PM, the bus will arrive at new gym 9:30 PM or sooner. Entry fee is $5. All chess team members must participate, anyone else interested should come see Serghei.
7. Student Council asks you to save the date. On Friday, November 3rd, we will be having a Social from 5:30-7:00 (Grades 5-6) and 7:30-9:00 (Grades 7-8). Students sent to the office for misbehavior the week of the Social will not be able to attend the event and they must be present at school the day of Friday, November 3rd to attend.
8. Students who go deer hunting during the upcoming youth and regular rifle deer season--please bring in a picture of you and your deer (with parent signature on the back) for display on the bulletin board outside the office. If you have perfect attendance from October 30th through November 17, your name will be entered into a drawing for a $50 gift card. Good luck hunters.
9. Red Ribbon week is this week. We will be dressing up this week. Each day students can dress up in fun and creative ways to help represent that they have made the right choices and chose to stay
drug free. Hats and other items need to be appropriate and follow each day along with the schools dress code. Hats will be permitted when they fit the day's theme. NO face painting allowed.
TODAY- Be smart, make good choices to keep staying drug free. Dress up as a nerd to show that you're to smart and will make good choices and stay drug free.
Wednesday- Make good choices and team up against drugs. Wear your favorite team jersey to help team up against drugs.
Thursday- Make good choices and give drugs the 'boot.' Dress up as a cowboy/cowgirl to help give drugs the boot!
Friday- Wear your school colors to show that you're school has made good choices and stayed drug free.
10. MS Girls, don't forget Liliya Dudko will be having another self defense class on Thursday at the YMCA from 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
SPORTS: The YMCA is registering now for 5th-6th grade boys and girls basketball. Registration forms are available at the M.S. Student Info Center and also at the YMCA. The deadline to sign up is November 1, 5:00p.m.
WEATHER: Tuesday Oct. 24th: Sunny with a high of 56 degrees and a low of 35.