Today: Corn Dog, Broccoli, Carrots, Apple, Yogurt & Milk
Breakfast Thursday: Donut, Cereal & Milk
Thursday Lunch: Pizza, Salad/Tomato, Orange, Cookie & Milk
1. WELCOME BACK Students!!! Please get all your back to school papers turned in ASAP!!!
2. Our first day of school will follow a unique schedule. All students in Grades 6-8 will go to all of their maroon day and white day classes in one day. All students in Grade 5 will stay in their M1 classes, except during M2 and W6 (when they will go to special classes). Your teachers will give you more details about how the schedule will work for your grade level today. Tomorrow will be a regular maroon day and Friday will be a regular white day for everyone.
3. Willow Springs Middle School is a gum-free school. Gum chewing is not allowed anywhere on campus.
4. Mr. Henry and Mr. Pietroburgo will be meeting with grade levels to discuss the discipline code and basic school procedures at the following times in the Auditorium:
Today (Wednesday,) at 2:30 (5th grade)
Tomorrow (Thursday) at 1:40 (6th grade) and 2:10 (7th grade) and 2:40 (8th grade).
5. 7th & 8th Grade lunch schedule for today only:
8th grade will have lunch/recess
7th grade will have recess/lunch
6. ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS:
Get out your schedule, grab a pen or pencil and listen carefully. If you have one of the following teachers on one of the following blocks, here is your classroom location. Please write it down.
Coach Forrest-M4-lower lab
Coach Forrest-W6-Mrs. Schwertfeger's room
Coach Forrest-W8-Mrs. Binkley's room
Coach Gutscher-M4-Old Gym classroom
Coach Gutscher-W6-lower lab
Coach Gutscher-W8-Old Gym classroom
Mr. Earls-M2-lower lab
7. The Office phone is not for use by students except in the case of emergencies. Students are not allowed to call home on the Office phone for homework, gym clothes, books, etc. that have been left at home.
8. During lunch, students may not leave the Auditorium for any reason without permission from a staff member.
9. 7th and 8th Grade students are to line up along the rail outside the buzzer door when reentering the building from recess and wait for their teachers to lead them back in. No one is to line up until they are instructed by their teachers (no early birds at the buzzer door).
10. 8th Grade students: when traveling to the restroom, boys are to use the stairwell at the end of the hall nearest the boys' restroom, and girls are to use the stairwell at the end of the hall nearest the girls' restroom.
11. All lunch money must be turned in to the slot in the office counter in an envelope. All envelopes must have the student's first and last name clearly recorded on them.
12. 8th Grade students who have FACS, Shop, or VoAg during W8: report to the Auditorium at the beginning of W8. Your W8 teachers will meet you there.
13. Students, as you get your lockers set up for the new year, please refrain from attaching any decorations to the outside of the locker; only items added by school-sponsored clubs and teams will be allowed on the outside of the lockers. Please save any school-appropriate decorations of your own for the inside of your locker. All decorations on the inside must be easily removable in a way that does not damage the painted surfaces inside (no stickers, duct tape, or other adhesive items that are difficult to remove and can damage the inside surfaces of the locker).
14. Playground Procedures:
Students may use the concrete bench-type seating area on the playground as a place to sit and talk during recess and morning arrival; this is not a place, however for physical activity (running, jumping from one bench level to another, etc.)
All concrete sidewalks and steps are to be kept clear so that they may be used as walkways. This includes the sidewalk in front of the elementary school. All recess and arrival activities on the blacktop must stay inside the painted white line that runs alongside the elementary sidewalk, the painted yellow line that runs alongside the new Activity Area and the painted white lines that run across the blacktop in front of the Old Gym and near the Auditorium.
14.1 All Middle School students will receive instructions about the new Activity Area during lunch recesses today. In addition, all must follow the expectations for the volleyball and tetherball areas that were put in place last year.
1. The volleyball area is open for use during recesses when the grass is dry (it is closed during arrival time).
2. Only students playing volleyball are to be on the grass.
3. Volleyball is to be played with volleyballs only and with proper volleyball hits only (i.e. serves, bumps, sets, spikes)
4. Students are to stay off the net
15. Middle School students will walk on the sidewalk in front of the elementary school to get to breakfast, enter the elementary building at its main office entrance and proceed directly to the cafeteria. They will exit the same way after breakfast. Students are to keep their backpacks on when proceeding through the breakfast line. Backpacks and other items will be stowed beneath the bench seats of the elementary cafeteria tables after students are seated.
16. Students who do not know their PIN numbers when they reach the keypad at lunch will be routed to the back of the line during the first week, not as a punishment but as a means of expediting the line. During the second week, they will be seated at a table with pencil and paper to practice writing their PINs until the line is empty.
17. 8th grade students: if you have immunization records please get those to the office ASAP!
18. Do you love art? Join the Middle School Art Club team. The club meets every second and third Thursday of each month after school. Pick up a permission form from Mrs. Pitts, art room.
19. After the conclusion of first quarter, there will be a reward activity for all students who are present at least 95% of the time during first quarter. In addition, the names of all of these students will be put into a drawing for a special prize. Two names will be drawn and these two students will both receive a $25 VISA gift card.
20. Last school year's 4th Qtr. attendance drawing winners were: Emma Guernsey and Jaron Story. These two students both received a $50 VISA gift card for achieving 95%+ attendance for the whole school year.
21. CHEERLEADERS: There will be cheerleading practice Thursday from 3:15-4:15. Also, there will be a cheer clinic at Munford Gym Saturday from 9-5. All cheerleaders MUST attend and pay $20 cash. Next week there will be practice Monday- Thursday from 3:15-4:15.
For Thursday, August 11th: 92 degrees , Sunny