Breakfast Thursday: Donut, Cereal & Milk
Thursday Lunch: Burrito, Salad/Tomato, Raisins, Cinnamon Roll & Milk
1. There will be an informational Cross Country meeting with Coach Waggoner this week during lunch in Grimes. If you are interested in Cross Country, please meet with Coach Waggoner.
6th Grade- Thursday
5th, 7th and 8th - Friday
2. 5th Grade Girls...Stop by the Student Info. Center to pick up a flyer about an upcoming YMCA Volleyball Camp.
3. There will be an 8th Grade Football meeting (Next Years Freshman)
in Grimes Auditorium at 2:45 on Thursday May 5th, 2016.
Please release football players at 2:40 to make the meeting on time 4. Cheerleaders for the 2016-2017 school year, your money needs to be turned in to Mrs. Tyler by Friday!
5. Students that made the High School Cheer squad for next year, your deposits are due byMonday May, 9th..
6. Art Students: Pick up all artwork between 8:00-8:30 am or 2:45-3:00 pm only. All work must be picked up before the last day of school if you want to take it home. Artwork left will be used as next year samples and/or thrown away.
7. KIDS' College at MSU in West Plains will be in session July 12-14 from noon to 5:00 p.m. See the Student Info Center for more information and registration forms.
8. 6th grade: Sign up sheets for 7th grade W-7 (athletics, chorus, art, opportunity group) and M-4 (band) are hanging on the bulletin board across from Mrs. Conway's room. Please sign up for ONE W-7 class. If you want to be in band during 7th grade, sign that sheet. Band is offered only during M-4.
9. If you are interested in joining the "WILLOW SPRINGS SWIM TEAM", please pick up a form from the student info center.
10. Children's Ballet of the Ozarks: Presents Peter Pan The Ballet May 20th 7:00p.m. @ Civic Center, May 21st 2:00 & 7:00p.m. @ Civic Center. Tickets are $5.00 in advance/$7.00 at door or contact Jeannie Moffis, Nikki Wake or Patty Siler for tickets.
11. WSMS Cheerleaders are selling raffle tickets for a chance to win: 4 Tickets to see the Springfield Cardinals at a game of your choice, plus $40 in Cardinal Bucks! Tickets are $2.00/each or 3 for $5.00. Contact Coach Tyler for more information. Drawing will be held May 6th.
12. Seventh Grade Students- Permission trip forms for the field trip are due by May 6th.
13. Summer School Forms will be available on the student info board. All students 5th-7th grades and 8th grade are welcome to attend, please fill out and return form to the office.
14. The deadline to take the 12th quiz on the Mark Twain or Harry Truman award nominated book is Monday, May 9th, at 3PM.
15. ALL of your library books are due the week of May 2-6 when you come with your class to the library. Any lost library books will need to be paid for or you can't check out books next year!16. Willow Springs Middle School Spring Art Show winners
5th Grade: Self Portraits; 1st-Roni Yakovlev, 2nd-Allie Norman, 3rd-Ryan Friga. Landscapes; 1st-Simon Kharitonov, 2nd-Abel Seu, 3rd-Alex Braun. Paper Mache Monsters; 1st-Matthew Wright, 2nd-Simon Kharitonov, 3rd-Gennadiy Gerasimov.
Pottery: Coil Construction; 1st-Stacie Johnson, 2nd-Gabby Gunter, 3rd-Cauleen Medlock. Wheel Construction; 1st-Stacie Johnson, 2nd-Cauleen Medlock, 3rd-Harleigh Bittick. Pinch Pot Animal; 1st-Claire Clarkston, 2nd Ruby Kollar, 3rd-Nathan Mueller. Alamo; 1st-Gabe Story, 2nd-Nolan Hawes, 3rd-Gavin Ferguson.
6th Grade: What's In a Name; 1st-Wade Feldman, 2nd-Kyle Glenn, 3rd-Maddy Riley. Monochromic Name; 1st-Gracie Rothermich, 2nd-Maddy Riley, 3rd-Chloe Chafin. Compass Design; 1st- Maddy Riley, 2nd-Ceira Cravens, 3rd-Chloe Chafin. Illuminating Letter; 1st-Wade Feldman, 2nd-Maddie Riley, 3rd-Ceira Cravens. Clay Fish; 1st-Ceira Cravens, 2nd-Chloe Chafin, 3rd-Gracie Rothermich. 2-Point Perspective City; 1st-Maddy Riley, 2nd-Austin Tooley, 3rd-Olivia Wood. Impressionist Trees; 1st-Chloe Chafin, 2nd-Gracie Rothermich, 3rd-Micah Stetina. Color Wheel; 1st- Elijah Glenn, 2nd-Gracie Rothermich, 3rd-Chloe Chafin. Kandinsky; 1st-Ciera Cravens, 2nd-Chloe Chafin, 3rd-Maddie Riley. Color Collision; 1st-Micah Stetina, 2nd-Elijah Glenn, 3rd-Maddy Riley
7th Grade: Scratch Art Animal; 1st-Jordan Taylor, 2nd-Austin Burgess, 3rd-Lacey Conner. Insect Print; 1st-Tatyana Lungu, 2nd-Bethany Green, 3rd-Kaylie Hardman. Weaving Wall Hanging; 1st- Austin Burgess, 2nd-Sylvia Jones, 3rd-Wyatt Ennis. Tissue and Wire Basket; 1st-Austin Burgess, 2nd-Bethany Green, 3rd-Anita Kharitonovia. Clay Face Mugs; 1st-Willian Haffer, 2nd-Tatyana Lungu, 3rd-Bethany Green. Deconstructed Book; 1st-Tatyana Lungu, 2nd-Kaylie Hardman, 3rd-Jayden Goodell.
8th Grade; Color Motif Design; 1st-Viktoria Polkopina, 2nd-Shellby Weaver, 3rd-Kaitlyn Feller. Asian Print Design; 1st-Isaiah Richerson, 2nd-McKenzie Taylor, 3rd-Viktoria Polkopina. Weaving Clay Bowl; 1st-Hunny Hanson, 2nd-Shellby Weaver, 3rd-Kaitlynn Feller. Ceiling Tile; 1st-Viktoria Polkopina, 2nd-Shellby Weaver, 3rd-Myka Butcher
LOST & FOUND:
FOUND: Dog Tag found in recess area
LOST: White HTC Smartphone.
Heart shaped Origami necklace.
If either of these items are found please bring to the Middle School Office.
Remember to check all the lost and found areas for missing items! Any items left on the last day of school will be donated to MUNCH.
For Thursday May 5th: Sunny and warm. High of 69 and low of 46.