Today: Crispito, Green Beans, Banana, Ice Cream & Milk
Breakfast Thursday: Donut, Cereal & Milk
Thursdaay Lunch: Pizza, Salad/Tomato, Orange, Scooby Bones & Milk
1. WELCOME BACK Students!!! Please get all your back to school papers turned in ASAP!!!
2. Today is a WHITE Day!
3. Willow Springs Middle School is a gum-free school. Gum chewing is not allowed anywhere on campus.
4. TODAY: 8th Grade students who have FACS, Shop, or VoAg during W8: report to the Auditorium at the beginning of W8. Your W8 teachers will meet you there.
5. Join Art Club! Open to any 5th-8th grader who likes art. See Mrs. Pitts, art room, for art form to be taken home to be returned before the first Art Club meeting in September
6. ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS:
Get out your schedule, grab a pen or pencil and listen carefully. If you have one of the following teachers on one of the following blocks, here is your classroom location. Please write it down.
Coach Bunch-M4-Old Gym Classroom
Coach Johnson-M4-Upper Lab
Coach Forrest-M4- Lower Lab
Coach Forrest-W6-Lower lab
Coach Forrest-W7- Old Gym Classroom
Coach Forrest-W8-Old Gym classroom
Mr. Earls-M2-lower lab
Coach Fris- W8- Mrs. Milller's room
7. The Office phone is not for use by students except in the case of emergencies. Students are not allowed to call home on the Office phone for homework, gym clothes, books, etc. that have been left at home.
8. During lunch, students may not leave the Auditorium for any reason without permission from a staff member.
9. 7th and 8th Grade students are to line up along the rail outside the buzzer door when reentering the building from recess and wait for their teachers to lead them back in. No one is to line up until they are instructed by their teachers (no early birds at the buzzer door).
10.8th Grade students: when traveling to the restroom, boys are to use the stairwell at the end of the hall nearest the boys' restroom, and girls are to use the stairwell at the end of the hall nearest the girls' restroom.
11. All lunch money must be turned in to the slot in the office counter in an envelope. All envelopes must have the student's first and last name clearly recorded on them.
12. Students, as you get your lockers set up for the new year, please refrain from attaching any decorations to the outside of the locker; only items added by school-sponsored clubs and teams will be allowed on the outside of the lockers. Please save any school-appropriate decorations of your own for the inside of your locker. All decorations on the inside must be easily removable in a way that does not damage the painted surfaces inside (no stickers, duct tape, or other adhesive items that are difficult to remove and can damage the inside surfaces of the locker).
13. Playground Procedures:
Students may use the concrete bench-type seating area on the playground as a place to sit and talk during recess and morning arrival; this is not a place, however for physical activity (running, jumping from one bench level to another, etc.)
All concrete sidewalks and steps are to be kept clear so that they may be used as walkways. This includes the sidewalk in front of the elementary school. All recess and arrival activities on the blacktop must stay inside the painted white line that runs alongside the elementary sidewalk, the painted yellow line that runs alongside the new Activity Area and the painted white lines that run across the blacktop in front of the Old Gym and near the Auditorium.
All Middle School students must follow the following expectations for the Activity Area on the playground.
Only students using the equipment or waiting their turn are to be in the area.
Use the equipment for their intended purposes and safely.
Treat the equipment to last.
Keep the length of your turns on the equipment reasonable so that others waiting can have chances to use it, too.
In addition, all must follow the following expectations for tetherball.
Only 2 students may play at a time
Players are not allowed to catch (or hold) the ball and throw it (only striking, or hitting, the ball is allowed)
Students waiting for a turn to play are to line up on the concrete octagons.
The Volleyball area is currently closed for resurfacing. No student is allowed in the area until it is re-opened.
14. Middle School students will walk on the sidewalk in front of the elementary school to get to breakfast, enter the elementary building at its main office entrance and proceed directly to the cafeteria. They will exit the same way after breakfast. Students are to keep their backpacks on when proceeding through the breakfast line. Backpacks and other items will be stowed beneath the bench seats of the elementary cafeteria tables after students are seated.
15. Students who do not know their PIN numbers when they reach the keypad at lunch will be routed to the back of the line during the first week, not as a punishment but as a means of expediting the line. During the second week, they will be seated at a table with pencil and paper to practice writing their PINs until the line is empty.
16. 8th grade students: if you have immunization records please get those to the office ASAP!
17. After the conclusion of first quarter, there will be a reward activity for all students who are present at least 95% of the time during first quarter. In addition, the names of all of these students will be put into a drawing for a special prize. Two names will be drawn and these two students will both receive a $25 VISA gift card.
18. There will be cheerleading practice from 3:15 to 5:00 p.m. starting in the Bears Den on Wednesday, August 16th. We will condition with the high school and then go back to Grimes to finish practice. Parents will need to pick you up at the Middle School no later than 5:00 p.m.
We will also practice from 3:15 - 5:00 p.m. in Grimes the following dates:
Thursday, August 17th;
Monday, August 21st;
Tuesday, August 22nd;
Wednesday, August 23rd (same as the 16th);
Thursday, August 24th;
Monday, August 28th;
Tuesday, August 29th;
Wednesday, August 30th (same as the 16th);
Thursday, August 31st;
Tuesday, September 5th;
Wednesday, September 6th;
Thursday, September 7th (prior to football game)
We will then practice every Wednesday from 3:15 to 5:00 p.m. in Grimes.
19. Mr. Henry and Mr. Pietroburgo will be meeting with grade levels to discuss the discipline code and basic school procedures at the following times in the Auditorium:
TODAY (Wednesday) at 2:30 (5th grade)
For Thursday, August 17th: High of 88 degrees and a low of 66