Today: Chicken, Potatoes & Gravy, Orange, Hot Roll & Milk
Breakfast Wednesday: Pancakes, Cereal & Milk
Wednesday Lunch: Spaghetti, Green Beans, Banana, Breadstick & Milk
1. Don't forget Mrs. Owens' after school reading class is today.
2. Willow Springs Middle School Art Show winners:
Congratulations to you all!
5th Grade: Portraits; 1st-Isabella Autrey, 2nd-Zepplyn Gilliam, 3rd-Nolan Perkins. Paper Mache Monsters; 1st-Zaydee Truskett, 2nd-Alexis McDonough, 3rd-Mackenna Wyrick. Wheel Bowl; 1st-Madely Fair, 2nd-Alexus Cravens, 3rd-Natalie Griffitts. Alamo; 1st-Madelyn Fair, 2nd-Abigail Killough, 3rd-Svetlana Dashevich. Pinch Pot Animal; 1st-Shealynn Riley, 2nd-Dakota Tucker, 3rd-Elyce Jones. Coil; 1st-Aspen Crudgington, 2nd-Madelyn Fair, 3rd Dakota Tucker.
6th Grade: Clay Fish; 1st-Jalynn Williams, 2nd-Thomas Sidrovich, 3rd-Bailey Loman, Kandinsky Abstract; 1st-Michael Butcher, 2nd-Haylie Crane, 3rd-Ruby Bales, Color Wheel; 1st-Hailey Crane, 2nd-Katie Hicks, 3rd-Bailey Loman, What's In A Name; 1st-Abel Seu, 2nd-Thomas Sidrovich, 3rd-Ian Smith, Monochromatic Name; 1st-Haylie Crane, 2nd Ruby Bales, 3rd-Thomas Sidrovich, Illuminating Letter; 1st-Abel Seu, 2nd-Ian Smith, 3rd-Thomas Sidrovich, Cityscape; 1st-Ruvim Gerasimov, 2nd-Anthony Ortega, 3rd-Ian Smith, Color Collision; 1st-Haylie Crane, 2nd Abel Seu, 3rd Warren Ennis, Impressionist Tree; 1st-Michael Butcher, 2nd Anthony Ortega, 3rd-Jaymie Griffitts.
7th Grade: Crazy Face Selfie; 1st Gracie Rothermich, 2nd-Meagan Maass, 3rd-Marvin Green, Two-Point Tree House; 1st-Alexis Riley, 2nd-Maegan Maass, 3rd-Cailey Green, Still-Life Mono Print; 1st-Olivia Wood, 2nd-Gracie Rothermich, 3rd-Lachlan Duffield, Zentangles; 1st-Cailey Green, 2nd-Marvin Green, 3rd-Alexis Riley.
8th Grade: Value Texture Design; 1st-Gracie Suitt, 2nd-Yuri Cruz, 3rd-Danielle Green, Watercolor Flower; 1st-McKenna Cox, 2nd-Gracie Suitt, 3rd-Erikka Miller, Ribbon Name; 1st-Erikka Miller, 2nd-Gracie Suitt, 3rd Marissa Daniels, Inspired Number; 1st-Faith Wheeler, 2nd-McKenna Cox, 3rd-Brock DeWeese.
3. Student Council meeting will be held TODAY after school.
4. Please check the lost and found if you are missing any items. Any items left in lost and found will be taken to MUNCH over Christmas Break!
5. Art Club-Don't forget, Thursday, Dec. 15th is our Christmas party. Bring finger foods, a $1 gift, and wear your ugly Christmas T-shirt or sweater if you want to participate in the contest.
6. Artwork is ready to be picked up to take home.
7. We are collecting NEW toys, books and warm items for the annual Bears for a Better Christmas toy drive. If you would like to make a donation you can bring your items and place in the box located in the MS office.The Deadline to have items turned in will be December 15th.
8. The FBLA Food Harvest will once again take place this year now through Wednesday December 14th. Boxes will be placed in the Social Studies room of each grade. The grade that contributes the most food will receive a treat.
9. The parents of one of our WS students are going to be making a trip to Gatlinburg on December 19th with a U-Haul trailer in tow. Their goal is to fill the trailer with as many of the following relief items for families suffering losses from the fires there:
New or used clothing, shoes, coats, etc.
Non-perishable food items
Blankets, sheets, etc.
(No big items please.)
If you would like to contribute any items to their load, please bring them to Cheryl Tyler in Room 200 of the Middle School by next Friday, Dec. 16th. Thank you.
10."Kid's Helping CASA Help Kids" Art Contest-Deadline February 1, 2017. Pick up a form and instructions from Mrs. Pitts.
"Blick 3rd Annual Mixed Media" Art Contest is also taking place. Entries must be received by April 14, 2017. Pick up a form and instructions from Mrs. Pitts.
"Come Support the BEARS"
For Wednesday December 13th: Partly sunny with a high of 39 and a low of 18.
Remember this Wednesday is the Christmas Social. It will be held in Grimes at 5:30. Don't forget to bring can goods for the MUNCH, Bears for a better Christmas.