1. Students: A reminder about food and drinks in the building. There should not be any food outside of the cafeteria at lunchtime. Candy or snacks are not allowed in classes, hallways, or on the playground. The only drink you are allowed to have is water in a clear bottle. Any other food or drink is only allowed at lunch, and you cannot share outside food with anyone else. Gum is not allowed at all in any areas inside or outside the building. Any food or drink that is confiscated will be disposed of!
2. Today-Coach Schwalm would like to meet with all 6th grade boys at the beginning of their recess in the old gym.
3. Softball practice starts on Monday March 2nd. Practice will be at the tee ball field behind the new gym.
4. 8th Grade Students interested in participating in Color Guard for NEXT YEAR.
March 4th - Tryout day
This day will be for those trying out for Color Guard to perform their tryout routine.
5. There will be a cheer clinic for any 8th grader that is trying out for High School Cheer from 3:15-5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 3rd, Thursday, March 5th, Tuesday, March 10th, and Thursday, March 12th in Ms. Tyler's classroom. This clinic will be to work on jumps and motions in order to be better prepared for high school cheer tryouts which are scheduled for March 26th. Please let Ms. Tyler know if you have any questions. This is not mandatory but is being provided to help prepare you for High School Try-outs.
6. 8th Grade Students interested in participating in Color Guard for NEXT YEAR.
Today - Color Guard Tryout Clinic.
7. 8th grade students: If you are interested in trying out for HS cheer please pick up a Cheer Packet in the MS Office. Tryout Camp starts March 24th.
SPORTS: Registration is going on now for the YMCA Summer Baseball & Softball programs. Registration forms are available at the Student Info Center or you can pick one up at the YMCA. The deadline to sign up is March 4 by 5:00 p.m. Forms coming in after the deadline Will be put on a Waiting List!
WEATHER: Monday March 2nd: Scattered thunderstorms throughout the day. High of 67 and a low of 47 degrees.
Hallway Music: Today: Ag Week Country!
Congrats to our amazing Math and Science Relay team for placing 2nd at the SCA Championship! The team won 1st place in the Team Challenge event!
Beginning next week, Credit Recovery will be extending hours on Tuesday and Thursday from 3:00 to 5:00 in the library. Wednesday’s will still be 3:00-4:00.
Any student interested in trying out for cheerleading for next school year needs to pick up a tryout packet from the box by Mrs. Jenny's window.
Bear Time email for 4th quarter is out! Sign up quickly to reserve your spot in the class you want. Deadline is today.
A+ & Internship students, make sure you're turning in your timesheets. You need to be up to date by today. You will be added to bear recovery next week if you are not. Internship student your 3rd quarter assignment is also due today.
There will be a baseball meeting in Dr. Cox’s room today during 1st lunch.
There will be an FFA meeting for all members on Monday. Sack lunches can be picked up in the commons. A bus will be waiting out front.
Color Guard tryouts will be after school on Wednesday until 5:00.
If you are inviting an out of school guest to Prom, the form to get them approved and a copy of the guest's photo ID is due back to Mrs. Jenny by Monday. You can get the blank forms from Mrs. Jenny.
Prom tickets will be on sale in the commons before school, during 1st lunch in the lunchroom and until 3:20 after school in the commons thru March 6. Don't wait until the last minute to get your tickets. The sooner you buy your tickets, the better bus and table choices you'll have. Prom tickets are $75 each.
When you buy your prom tickets, you need to return the signed waiver for yourself and your guest. The blank waivers were in the envelope with your invitation.
The library and Bearbucks Coffee Shop will be closed before school thru March 6 while prom tickets are being sold. Sorry for the inconvenience.
On the school website you can request a song to be played at prom. All songs need to be school appropriate and easy to dance to.
If you are renting a tuxedo from Vintage Floral, the deadline to do that is Friday, March 27. They won't have extended hours like in the past, but they will do a tux fitting by appointment if you call them and set it up.
The speech and debate team will be hosting Willow's first ever Lip Sync Battle Friday, March 13th in Grimes Auditorium. Competitors may use props and costumes, but it is not a requirement. Duets and groups allowed. You do not have to compete to join in and have a great time. Only $5 at the door. Email Ms. Martin with your song selection if you plan to enter