1. Congratulations to the following students for having their artwork selected for the Art Around Town 2021 Art Show in West Plains!
5th: Blaycen Duddridge and Lyvia Fitzsimmons
6th: Ella Kharitonova and Alice Belinsky
7th: Kyli Smith and Natalie McNew
8th: Adele Kharitonova and Hailey Guffey
You can see their artwork on display at the West Plains Civic Center Exhibit Hall from March 31st to April 6th, Admission is free, so we invite you to come out and support your fellow artists!
2. High School is ACT testing in the Bears Den on these dates. Please ask your students to please be quiet during passing times on these dates.
ACT- Today-Wednesday, March 31st
Pre-ACT - Tuesday, April 6th and Wednesday, April 7th
3. Reminder for all students: You have to have permission from your classroom teacher before you leave the building to go to the nurse! When you get to the nurse's office you will need to tell the nurse what teacher has sent you.
4. There will be a clinic held for 7th and 8th graders interested in Color Guard. 7th grade is welcome to attend the introductory clinic, 8th grade will be the only ones participating in tryouts. Clinic will be held in the band hallway after school. If you have questions contact Mr. Cochran.
Today- April 1st - until 4:30, Introductory Clinic *This is for any 7th or 8th grade students new to color guard to be introduced to some basic moves.
April 6th - April 8th - until 5:00, Try out Clinic *This is for 8th grade students wanting to tryout for 2021 marching season.
April 14th- until 5:00, Try out Day *This is for 8th grade students wanting to tryout for 2021 marching season. This day 8th grade students and H.S. students only will have the opportunity to try out for the 2021 Marching season.
5. Any 8th grader that is interested in trying out for high school cheerleading for the 2021-22 school year needs to pick up a tryout packet from Ms. Stacy.
6. Yearbooks are on sale now! Pick up an order form in the Student Info Center or order online at: www.inter-state.com/yearbook with code:52869G
Tennis at Rolla 4:00 (Dismiss at 1:30)
Golf here 8:30
Tennis at Salem 4:00 (Dismiss at 1:30)
Baseball at Norwood 4:30 (Dismiss at 2:25)
Today - Spring Songs
Thursday - Easter Music
Bears Den will be closed at lunchtime today. A+ students, office & library aides will need to go to The Room of Requirements. Microwaves have been relocated, 2 in The Commons and 1 down by the math hallway.
Mr Hajeh's Guitar and Campus Choir classes will meet in the Bear's Den tomorrow.
Band students are to be dismissed at 8:25 to go to the band room for contest. 8th Block piano will meet in the Library.
SENIORS - A representative from MSU West Plains GOCAT will be here tomorrow from 8:50-9:20 in the library. If you are interested, please plan to attend! There will be an all-call when it is time.
Students that were unable to complete the CPR/First-aid portion of Health because of Covid last spring will need to complete the video and questions on Canvas. If you have any questions please contact Coach Tilley.
Tomorrow is the last day to purchase your Prom tickets. Tickets are $60 each. Tickets will be on sale in the mornings and at lunch from 10:45-11:15. Remember there is no school Friday.
You can request songs to be played at prom by going to the school website and clicking on Prom Info. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Music Request Form. Remember, the songs have to be ones that are good for dancing (slow or fast).
Color Guard Tryout Clinic April 6th-April 8th, after school until 5:00.
For any high school students to learn the Color Guard tryout routine.
Color Guard tryout day April 14th until 5:00.
This date is for those trying out for the 2021 marching season.
Meet in the band hall after school.
Preschool screening and registration will be held on Wednesday, May 12th from 8:30am-4:20pm in the preschool building. The child must be four years old before August 1, 2021. Please contact the Elementary Office at 469-2474 to make an appointment. Parents are required to bring the child’s official state birth certificate, immunization records, and proof of residency to registration. Proof of residency could be any one of the following, property tax receipt, rent/lease agreement or utility bill.
Kindergarten screening and registration for the 2021-22 school year will be Thursday, May 13th from 8am – 4 pm and Friday, May 14th from 7:30am-2pm in the preschool building.
Please contact the elementary office at 469-2474 to make an appointment. All children entering kindergarten must be five years old before August 1, 2021. Parents are required to bring the child’s official state birth certificate, immunization records, and proof of residency to registration. Proof of residency could be any one of the following, property tax receipt, rent/lease agreement or utility bill.