1. TODAY is Spring Picture Day. Only students with order forms, a confirmation code or permission from their parents/guardians will have their pictures taken!
2. Softball practice starts on Monday March 2nd. Practice will be at the tee ball field behind the new gym.
3. Students and Staff: A reminder to all that we are holding Wear Red Day in the district this Friday, February 28. Please join in, as we raise awareness to heart disease in women at the end of National Heart Month.
4. There will be a cheer clinic for any 8th grader that is trying out for High School Cheer from 3:15-5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 3rd, Thursday, March 5th, Tuesday, March 10th, and Thursday, March 12th in Ms. Tyler's classroom. This clinic will be to work on jumps and motions in order to be better prepared for high school cheer tryouts which are scheduled for March 26th. Please let Ms. Tyler know if you have any questions. This is not mandatory but is being provided to help prepare you for High School Try-outs.
5. 8th Grade Students interested in participating in Color Guard for NEXT YEAR.
Today - Color Guard Tryout Clinic.
6. 8th grade students: If you are interested in trying out for HS cheer please pick up a Cheer Packet in the MS Office. Tryout Camp starts March 24th.
SPORTS: Registration is going on now for the YMCA Summer Baseball & Softball programs. Registration forms are available at the Student Info Center or you can pick one up at the YMCA. The deadline to sign up is March 4 by 5:00 p.m. Forms coming in after the deadline Will be put on a Waiting List!
WEATHER: Friday February 28th: Partly cloudy slight chance of rain. High of 49 and a low of 29 degrees.
Hallway Music: Today: Throwback: 90s Country
Friday: Ag Week Country!
FFA Week is this week:
Today- Dress like a farmer/ Camo
Tomorrow- Wear Official Dress/ blue & gold
Or Wear Red Day for National Heart Month. Please join in as we raise awareness of heart disease in women.
Bear Time email for 4th quarter is out! Sign up quickly to reserve your spot in the class you want. Deadline is tomorrow.
Beginning next week, Credit Recovery will be Tuesday and Thursday from 3:00 to 5:00 in the library.
Any student interested in trying out for cheerleading for next school year needs to pick up a tryout packet from the box by Mrs. Jenny's window.
A+ & Internship students, make sure you're turning in your timesheets. You need to be up to date by tomorrow. You will be added to bear recovery next week if you are not. Internship student your 3rd quarter assignment is also due tomorrow.
Color Guard tryout clinic will be after school today until 5:00.
SENIORS - A representative from MO Western State University will be here today from 9-10 a.m. in the library. If you are interested, please plan to attend! There will be an all-call to come to the library.
Football meeting today in the old gym during both lunches. Lunch will be provided.
FBLA meeting today in Mrs. Lee’s room during both lunches.
There will be a baseball meeting in Dr. Cox’s room tomorrow during 1st lunch.
If you are inviting an out of school guest to Prom, the form to get them approved and a copy of the guest's photo ID is due back to Mrs. Jenny by March 2. You can get the blank forms from Mrs. Jenny.
Prom tickets will be on sale in the commons before school, during 1st lunch in the lunchroom and until 3:20 after school in the commons thru March 6. Don't wait until the last minute to get your tickets. The sooner you buy your tickets, the better bus and table choices you'll have. Prom tickets are $75 each.
When you buy your prom tickets, you need to return the signed waiver for yourself and your guest. The blank waivers were in the envelope with your invitation.
The library and Bearbucks Coffee Shop will be closed before school thru March 6 while prom tickets are being sold. Sorry for the inconvenience.
On the school website you can request a song to be played at prom. All songs need to be school appropriate and easy to dance to.
If you are renting a tuxedo from Vintage Floral, the deadline to do that is Friday, March 27. They won't have extended hours like in the past, but they will do a tux fitting by appointment if you call them and set it up.
Spring Picture Day is today. If you brought money to have your picture taken, report to Grimes after the pledge.