Today: Crispito, Broccoli, Banana, Yogurt & Milk
Wednesday Breakfast: Biscuit/Gravy, Cereal, Diced Peaches & Milk
Wednesday Lunch: Grilled Cheese, Tomato Soup, Grapes, Sun Chips & Milk
1. Spinal screenings will begin this week.
2. There is an error in the Middle School Handbook in your planners. On page 8, under “Cell Phones,” the planner reads that “Students will not be allowed to use cell phones during the school day from 7:45 am –3:00 p.m.” This statement is not accurate because our actual rule has always been that cell phones are not allowed from the time students arrive at school until after they exit the building during dismissal. The language in the handbook will be changed in next school year’s planner. For the rest of this school year, this announcement serves as your notice that the actual rule we have always followed remains in effect. If a cell phone (or any other electronic device: IPODs, MP3 players, SMART watches, etc.) is seen or heard any time between a student’s arrival at school and their exit from the building at dismissal, then the student will be assigned the consequences specified in our handbook for a cell phone/electronic device violation.
3. With MAP testing coming up, it is also important for all students to know that students may not have any cell phones or electronic devices (IPODs, MP3 players, SMART watches, etc.) with them at their desks during MAP testing sessions. Because of this, teachers will collect phones and any of these other devices before each testing session begins and return them after each testing session ends. This will include all types of electronic wrist devices except for regular watches (i.e. digital watches and watches with hour and minute hands). Students will not receive any consequences when turning in cell phones and electronic devices for MAP testing sessions. The only reason for consequences would be if a phone or device not turned in is seen or heard during one of the testing sessions.
4. Cheer practice Wednesday from 3:15-5:00 for all current 7th and 8th grade cheerleaders.
5. Thursday- 8th grade girls interested in playing basketball next year need to meet in Coach Tilley's room. If you can't attend please contact Coach Tilley as soon as possible.
6. All 6th and 7th graders interested in trying out for cheerleading for the 2019-football season can pick up a packet from Miss Stacey in the Middle School Office.
7. Art Club, Thursday, April 18th.
8. Parents Pottery Night glazing will take place Friday, May 3rd, 3:30-5:30, and Saturday, May 4th, 9:00 am-12:00 noon, in the art room.
Today, April 16th-Track@Ava, Meet starts at 4:00 pm. Dismiss students at 1:55 pm. Bus leaves at 2:15 pm.
Today, April 16th-Softball@Dora, Game starts at 4:30 pm. Dismiss students at 2:30 pm. Bus leaves at 2:55 pm.
Wednesday, April 17th-Baseball@Norwood, Game starts at 4:30 pm. Dismiss students at 2:30 pm. Bus leaves at 3:00 pm
Wednesday, April 17th-Softball@Norwood, Game starts at 4:30 pm. Dismiss students at 2:30 pm. Bus leaves at 3:00 pm
Thursday, April 18th-Baseball- WS vs Houston, Home , Game starts at 4:30
Tuesday, April 16th: Mostly sunny, with a high of 78 degrees and a low of 59 degrees.