Today: Crispito, Green Beans, Banana, Ice Cream & Milk
Breakfast Thursday: Donut, Cereal & Milk
Thursday Lunch: Pizza, Salad/Tomato, Carrots, Yogurt, Grapes & Milk
1. WELCOME BACK Students!!! Please get all your back to school papers turned in ASAP!!!
2. Today is a WHITE Day!
3. 8th Grade Students who have FACS, Shop or AG during W8: report to the Auditorium at the beginning of W8. Your W8 teachers will meet you there.
4. Join Art Club! Open to any 5th-8th grader who likes art. See Mrs. Pitts in the Art Room for an Art Club Form. Forms should be taken home, signed and returned before the first Art Club meeting in September.
5. Willow Springs Middle School is a gum-free school. Gum chewing is not allowed anywhere on campus.
6. Mr. Henry and Mr. Pietroburgo will be meeting with grade levels to discuss the discipline code and basic school procedures at the following times in the Auditorium:
- TODAY(Wednesday) at 2:30 (5th grade)
Get out your schedule, grab a pen or pencil and listen carefully. If you have one of the following teachers on one of the following blocks, here is your classroom location. Please write it down.
- Coach Johnson W6- Lower Lab
- Coach Johnson W7-Crewse
- Coach Williams W7- Lower Lab
- Coach Bunch W7-Upper Lab
- Coach Johnson W8- Lower Lab
- Coach Forrest W8- Mrs. Miller's Room
8. The Office phone is not for use by students except in the case of emergencies. Students are not allowed to call home on the Office phone for homework, gym clothes, books, etc. that have been left at home. 9. During lunch, students may not leave the Auditorium for any reason without permission from a staff member.
10. 7th and 8th Grade students are to line up along the rail outside the buzzer door when reentering the building from recess and wait for their teachers to lead them back in. No one is to line up until they are instructed by their teachers (no early birds at the buzzer door).
11. 8th Grade students: when traveling to the restroom, boys are to use the stairwell at the end of the hall nearest the boys' restroom, and girls are to use the stairwell at the end of the hall nearest the girls' restroom.
12. All lunch money must be turned in to the slot in the office counter in an envelope. All envelopes must have the student's first and last name clearly recorded on them.
13. Students, as you get your lockers set up for the new year, please refrain from attaching any decorations to the outside of the locker; only items added by school-sponsored clubs and teams will be allowed on the outside of the lockers. Please save any school-appropriate decorations of your own for the inside of your locker. All decorations on the inside must be easily removable in a way that does not damage the painted surfaces inside (no stickers, duct tape, or other adhesive items that are difficult to remove and can damage the inside surfaces of the locker).
14. Playground Procedures:
Students may use the concrete bench-type seating area on the playground as a place to sit and talk during recess and morning arrival; this is not a place, however for physical activity (running, jumping from one bench level to another, etc.)
All concrete sidewalks and steps are to be kept clear so that they may be used as walkways. This includes the sidewalk in front of the elementary school. All recess and arrival activities on the blacktop must stay inside the painted white line that runs alongside the elementary sidewalk, the painted yellow line that runs alongside the new Activity Area and the painted white lines that run across the blacktop in front of the Old Gym and near the Auditorium.
All Middle School students must follow the following expectations for the Activity Area on the playground.
- Only students using the equipment or waiting their turn are to be in the area.
- Use the equipment for their intended purposes and safely.
- Treat the equipment to last.
- Keep the length of your turns on the equipment reasonable so that others waiting can have chances to use it, too.
- Only 2 students may play at a time
- Players are not allowed to catch (or hold) the ball and throw it (only striking, or hitting, the ball is allowed)
- Students waiting for a turn to play are to line up on the concrete octagons.
- The volleyball area is open for use during recesses only. (it is closed during arrival time)
- Only students playing volleyball are to be in the area.
- Volleyball is to be played with volleyballs only and with proper volleyball hits only (i.e. serves, bumps, sets, spikes)
- Students are to stay off the net
16. Students who do not know their PIN numbers when they reach the keypad at lunch will be routed to the back of the line during the first week, not as a punishment but as a means of expediting the line. During the second week, they will be seated at a table with pencil and paper to practice writing their PINs until the line is empty.
17. 8th grade students: if you have immunization records please get those to the office ASAP!
18. After the conclusion of first quarter, there will be a reward activity for all students who are present at least 95% of the time during first quarter. In addition, the names of all of these students will be put into a drawing for a special prize. Two names will be drawn and these two students will both receive a $25 VISA gift card.
SPORTS: Cheer Practice: Today and Thursday 3:15-4:15
5th and 6th Grade Students who have PE today will need to go to the New Gym.
Any 5th or 6th Grade Student that would like to play Mighty Mite Football, pick up a form in the Student Info Center. Return form to the MS Office.
WEATHER: For Wednesday, August 15th: Chance of showers, high of 77 degrees